Friday, June 23, 2006

the Wash Kitty t-shirt



th9


I made this as a swap for a Flickr friend... and once again re-visited the free days of the week cat patterns from patternbee.com. Colors are always a challenge for me - I squint and move thread around for hours, stitching and re-stitching when I'm not happy. The washing machine is a scrap of light purple t-shirt that I embroidered on. I have to say I am most proud of that funky orange sock and the Soap box.

Here's a blurry pic of the finished shirt:

Wash Kitty is complete!

4 comments:

Sally said...

I love this tshirt - and the extra detail of the washing machine being appliqued on. It's so cute!

floresita said...

Hee hee, thanks Sally! I feel like I made this ages ago... I do still love looking at that washing machine! :)

Those free patternbee patterns were priceless. :)

SkitzoLeezra said...

Ceee-ute!
I just getting into the embroidery thing and you have inspired me to move on from the tea towel experiments.
Do you use interfacing when stitching on t-shirt knit fabric? If so, how?

Shut Up Skitzo said...

Your "wash kitty t-shirt" inspired me to make one for me and another for a friend!
Thanks!
Check out the pix here

http://skitzoleezrastudio.blogspot.com/2007/10/kitty-on-my-shirt.html

http://skitzoleezrastudio.blogspot.com/2007/10/cat-on-your-shirt.html