Saturday, July 22, 2006

Beauty Sleep pillowcase


It was a very rainy day yesterday, so I spent almost the entire time indoors, stitching my third (yes, THIRD) Stitch-It Kit pillowcase. I had a lot of fun with this one... I used some of the same patterns I'd used already on the "Dish" towel, so I tried to stitch in different colors for variety.



But my favorite part by far has to be the little cat...

coy kitty



Isn't it adorable? I didn't originally plan to put it in the pillowcase, but after finishing last night that space in the middle looked too blank:

somewhat finished



The other good news is that my French knots are slowly improving... :)

5 comments:

CatherineNiven said...

Wow, that looks really good! I like it with the cat, adds extra charm. I love the detailing on the cat - colour choice=pretty.

floresita said...

Thanks so much! I really loved stitching this one!

kristin said...

hi! i just linked to your site for the first time and am in AWE over your embroidery...all of it!! just gorgeous!

floresita said...

Thank you kristin! I just found your beautiful felt work over on Flickr - I'm so flattered! ;)

Sharon said...

I love this. Can you tell me which Stitch It kit this one came from so I can order one for myself? I would love to make this!