Tuesday, July 11, 2006

julia's gift


julia's gift, originally uploaded by floresita.

Recently my extremely talented Flickr friend, Julia, sent me a beautiful Gocco print. I was so overwhelmed, I decided to make her something, so I thought what better subject to embroider than one of her drawings...

a little detail...

The little yellow circles are chain stitch worked in a tight spiral, starting from the middle and working outward - I got the idea from an embroidery book I saw in Barnes and Noble when we were in Baltimore... The grass is worked in two shades of extra-grassy green. :)

2 comments:

CatherineNiven said...

I love this design! It's so unique, really great!

floresita said...

Thank you! My friend Julia does such wonderful illustrations - every time I check her Flickr stream I'm inspired... I'm still loath to stitch my own drawings, so this helps. :)