Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Carmencita pillowcase


I just finished this birdie pillowcase for my sister-in-law. The birds are a free pattern from www.needlecrafter.com... the banner design is from the Stitch-It Kit, as is the lettering. Those little birds were just too cute not to stitch. I chose the name "la Carmencita" because I was listening to Carmen arias while I stitched this:

la carmencita



My favorite version of Carmen, by the way, is the 1960's Leontyne Price performance. :) The finished pillowcase:

finished pillowcase

9 comments:

WeeWah said...

You make lovely things.

floresita said...

Thank you! You, too, make very lovely things... :)

kristin said...

so sweet!! your embroidery is beautiful!! love the birds...but couldn't find the pattern on your link

floresita said...

Thanks Kristin! To find the designs, just click on "Library" then "Designs"... it's a fabulous site, but the navigation's just a bit confusing! :)

kristin said...

got it!! thanks again!! :)

Amy said...

So beautiful! I'm totally in love with your stitching. It's really inspiring and the colors are always so vibrant and warm. Not to mention you take lovely photos. What kind of camera do you use? I'm in the market for a new one!

xo,
Amy

floresita said...

Thanks so much, Amy! I found some of your embroidered stuff on Flickr and it's amazing! :)

My camera is in the tempermental (but very loved) category - it takes me a fair amount of work to get a good detailed picture out of it!

I'd really recommend any little Canon point-and-shoot - they are worlds better than my little Sony in terms of color and detail... that's what I'm saving up to buy! :)

Misa said...

I really love your embroidery! I think you're very good at picking out colors to make those designs just GORGEOUS.

Have you seen the Sublime Stitching book yet? The back 2/3 of the book is ALL transfers. How awesome is that? I mention it only because you seem to like Jenny Hart's stuff...

floresita said...

Thank you Misa! Yes, I can't wait to get my hands on that new book! Although I am kind of swimming in new embroidery patterns, I can't resist a few more... :)