Saturday, August 5, 2006

new embroidery transfers


new embroidery transfers, originally uploaded by floresita.

I just bought these fun vintage embroidery transfers on Ebay and I am way too excited about beginning! :) My interest is piqued - I'm really fascinated with the history of these transfers, too...



I also want to share a freebie from these patterns, as a "thank you" to anyone who has stopped by...
mexican hats



If you use this little freebie in a project, please add a link or pic in the comments - I'd love to see your work!!!

7 comments:

kristin said...

these are great!!! thank you! i'll let you know when i give them a try :)

floresita said...

Glad you like them, Kristin - that hat with the hangy things is extra kitschy - love to see what you do with them! ;)

vintagechica said...

Yeah!!! Ive got a swap coming up with a mexican theme, and these are perfect. Now...whether to do an apron pocket? a tea towel? Hmmm...Ive got to think about how to use these. Thank you so much for the freebie!

floresita said...

ooh, glad you're getting some use out of these! On the illustration, these have these on a hanky - but I can also imagine these hats adorning some swanky bar towel, sitting next to a Margarita... :)

vintagechica said...

Finally got my photo up of the dishtowels I did with a link back to your blog. Thanks again!!!

cinderelly said...

i bought those same ones from pattern bee! how cool is it that you found original ones! i have a few of the other 'mexicana' themed ones from them also.

floresita said...

I love anything with a Mexican theme, so I'm slowly snapping up any vintage Mexican stuff I can find... I've got a few more stashed away for a rainy day. :)

I'm a sucker for the originals, too - because I love the thought of all the history they've seen - and that they're even older than me! :)