Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bee Tidy tea towel

my first

I'm getting ready for a Tea Towel swap, so I'm digging through my stash of transfers and selecting my favorites... I especially loved these Busy Bees. I found the transfers on Ebay - they were part of a big batch of Vogart stuff I got... while most of the transfers had been used, there was enough left of the outline to trace with my transfer pencil...

Busy Bees


The towels are Martha Stewart flour sack towels I found at Kmart. I also ordered a pack of 7 flour sack towels from Colonial Patterns - they were a little bigger than the Martha Stewart brand, but a similar weight. Their white was also a little yellower than the Martha Stewart brand... It was easier to stitch on these than I thought - I'd heard a lot of complaints about stitching on flour sack towels. I hope my swap partner likes these bees as much as I do!

my favorite bee



7 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi! I've been visiting your blog for some time now. I love the "Bee" patterns that you are using. I have just gotten interested in embroidery but I am confused about how to "trace with my transfer pencil..."; I am getting discouraged; but I want to learn so I can teach my granddaughter. Plz help. ;o)

alice said...

Who could possibly not like these bees? :)

floresita said...

Hi Sandra! Isn't embroidery cool? I was pretty confused about the transfer pencil thing when I started, too, so I did a post about transfer pencils - I hope that helps! :)

But, of course if you have transfers (like in the Stitch-It Kit) you don't have to worry about the transfer pencil at all... you can just iron it on to your fabric and start stitching!

I use pencils to trace my old vintage transfers because I love them too much to use them! :)

floresita said...

Hee hee Alice, hopefully not my swap partner! ;)

lalabaloobah said...

So cool!

GhostAcademy said...

I have some of these bee tea towels, but they're vintage (I didn't make them). I love them!

floresita said...

Thanks lalabaloobah! :)

Hey there GhostAcademy - I saw your pillow on Craftster and it truly rocked my world - how can you create something so incredibly fabulous! You are SOOO talented! :) Ooh, vintage linens - I've been collecting lots of vintage patterns lately - I'm fascinated with the creepy-cuteness... :)