Monday, September 4, 2006

More cute kitchen "axioms"

it's not an apple

I stitched these little projects on the train to Montauk... the first was stitched on a tank top, using a dark pink scrap of fabric from a t-shirt I was getting rid of. Um, okay, so it's supposed to be a bell pepper, but I admit it looks more like an apple.

Well, either way I like it and plan to get some wear out of it. The second was stitched on a corner of dish towel... and I'm still thinking of a good place to put it. On an apron? As a potholder? Hmmm....

Red as a...

6 comments:

kristin said...

more cuteness from you! :)

floresita said...

Thanks Kristin! I'm loving these old vintage patterns so much... ;)

vintagechica said...

Love this! I have been trying to upload my photo of the mexican hat, but blogger beta is all messed up. Ill keep trying. Thanks again!

floresita said...

Aww... that stinks! You added it to the Embroidery group on Flickr, though? It was so nice to see it stitched!! :

JEn said...

wOW, did you design those yourself? They're beautiful and so ... hip! When I get home I'm going to wist them :)

floresita said...

No, these are from a batch of 60's Vogart embroidery transfers I snagged on Ebay. Aren't they so funky and cute? I've got a whole stash, just waiting to be stitched... :)