Monday, October 2, 2006

Bee Helpful Tea Towel

los Busy Bees

So here is the second of the tea towels - what can I say but I am a sucker for strange sewing animals! :) I used the incredibly tricky metallic floss on this one - and it did just what I expected it to do - knotted up, frayed, got stuck and tangled. But somehow I plowed through and stitched the little needles and thimble:

more cute little bees

I like these colors more than the first towel - but I think they look cute together... I'm still not 100% sure I should send these out for the swap - I'm trying one more design this week, and if I like that one better I'll send something else...

11 comments:

Jackie said...

You are incredibly talented! Your work is so perfect!! I know what you mean about that metallic floss, but you did just great with it! So CUTE!

floresita said...

Thanks Jackie! How did those 50's housewives have time for embroidering AND cleaning? He he, that's my weakness! :)

alice said...

Surely your swap partner would be delighted with such adorableness, if you can bear to part with them. :)

Ooooh I hate working with that metallic thread. Maybe it's good for couching, though.

floresita said...

Thank you Alice! I've got another cutesy thing cooking as well, so, nah, I think I'm cool with parting with the cute bees.

I actually find myself oddly unattached to the finished product - I take lots of detailed pics of my progress and finished stuff and that seems to satisfy my magpie urge to hoard.... :)

Sandra said...

They are beautiful, thanks for sharing! ;o)

floresita said...

Thank you Sandra! :)

Sandra said...

OMGoodness, I started embroidering the 'Bees' last nite. My stitches look bad! How do you make your 'Stem' stitches so small and neat? How many threads did you use? --still learning ;o)

WeeWah said...

I love that the bees get to wear clothes and do stuff people do.

floresita said...

Ha ha, yes, I can't think of the last time I saw a bee in an apron, a bee with a mop or a bee sewing... ;D

Veronica said...

I love, love these tea towels! I think you did an incredible job. If you decide to use them for the swap, there is going to be a very lucky and happy recepient!

floresita said...

I did swap these! I'm glad my partner did seem to like them a lot! It was so much fun stitching these kitschy patterns... :)