Wednesday, October 18, 2006

fuzzy magenta scarf

new fuzzy scarf

About a year ago, a friend from work introduced me to knitting. I'd always been curious about it and it seemed like the perfect hobby for such a cool climate. I bought this fuzzy maroon-ish magenta-ish yarn in Texas in May, but only now started the scarf - it just doesn't feel right knitting in the summer. The yarn is Caron Feathers and the color is Purple Finch. I'm just doing a knit stitch on size 15 needles, but the yarn is so fluffy and colorful it still looks pretty. :)


At this time I have only two scarves to my name - a lumpy one I made for my sister, and a blue wool one which is a gorgeous color but way too scratchy to wear. :)

4 comments:

Veronica said...

It is looking good, Flor! Very cozy!

floresita said...

Thank you Veronica! ;)

mira said...

if you look up directions to lanolize your wool scarf, that will really soften it up and make it practically waterproof to boot(basically wash it with baby shampoo and add some emulsified lanolin and let it soak).

found your blog...but I can't really remember how. from someone else's from a blogring or something like that :) I love the transfers, btw.

~mira from waasup.blogspot.com

floresita said...

Thanks for the tip, Mira! :) Oh, and I'm so glad you like the transfers! :)