Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Christmas ornament #1

Holiday Greetings

Allow me to introduce my first Christmas ornament of the season... A month or two ago I got a cool stash of vintage patterns on Ebay, and this cute little girl pattern was among them as a loose sheet with no envelope. There are many other cute little motifs I plan to make into ornaments. Stay tuned for a freebie I'll scan in soon! :)



all done!

I had a huge stash of off-white cross stitch fabric that I used for the ornament. For some reason, my transfer pencil didn't work so well on this fabric - so the lines I followed were pretty faint. I used beige felt for the back of the ornament, and the striped ribbon is from the stash of birthday goodies my sister sent me. :)



So what do you think? I love her! Hee. The more I look at this little girl, the more I think she looks like the pic I have in my profile... my button nose was cuter as a kid! :)

7 comments:

sknittymama said...

She also reminds me of an old comic book character, I just can't remember which one! I especially like her button nose. Nice work, Flor.

emmachic et choc said...

That's so sweet !

emmachic et choc said...

that's so sweet !

Carol said...

I love her too Flor!

Eren said...

Oh Flor! She is so sweet! This is one of my favorite ornaments Ive seen on the blogs. So cute. Did the pattern come with a little boy?

AnastasiaC said...

this is gorgeous!!

floresita said...

Thank you! This may be the one I like best so far... :)