Friday, December 8, 2006

lost in a forest

inspired by greenbeanbaby

So here is the girl I stitched up for Ellia. I used the tutorial on her blog as inspiration - cutting the head, body and hair according to the directions, and making up the little red dress from my imagination. I did a lot of brainstorming at first, mostly while sipping a little wine and listening to jazz during dinner the first night. :) After a few sketches, what I wanted to do came to me pretty clearly:

swap sketch

All the pieces were cut from felt, and the skinniest were the hardest. Just the slightest tug on those tiny pieces and they came apart! I used Crazy glue to hold the pieces down a bit, then stitched over a few corners here and there. My favorite elements are the red and white dress/ cape I made (thinking of dresses I used to wear as a kid) and the tall skinny trees that recede a little in the distance. I think this is definitely one of my favorite creations all year.

details, details...

Lastly, I was thinking the entire time of how much I love forests, the idea of being lost in a forest, and "A Forest", by the Cure...

3 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

This looks great!

floresita said...

Thank you anastasia! :)

occasionalconfusion said...

That is really cute and creative :-)