Monday, February 5, 2007

señorita revisited

with french knots

So, it's almost been a year since I stitched this señorita last - she was one of my first projects ever - stitched on a light blue t-shirt. My skills have progressed a little since then - for one thing I finally learned how to do the french knots that eluded me the first time around. Also, I decided to take on the whole design - the first time I left out the large flower border:

muchas flores

It kind of amazes me how different she looks from the version I stitched on my t-shirt... I guess that's the difference non-stretchy fabric makes! I'm using the same colors I used on the bird pillowcase for Isa. I'm still not sure what I'll make with this... a pillow? I've been so busy with other things that my progress will probably go a bit slowly on this one...

4 comments:

Sally said...

This is looking lovely. I really liked those colours you used in the pillowcase.

Gina E. said...

Oh how gorgeous!!!! Love this one with that long plait!

helle said...

So pretty, Floresita. Your stitching is very accomplished. I especially like the raised quality of the cord for the hat. It makes it look 3-dimensional.

floresita said...

Thank you Sally! I don't normally gravitate towards those colors, but I really tried to think of something my friend would enjoy... :)

Thanks Gina! It's a beautiful pattern. :)

Helle, it means a lot to me that you compliment my stitching! :) I used a split stitch. :)