Thursday, March 1, 2007

"Don't Be Dirty" shower curtain

sewing fluffy orange towel strips phase: almost complete!

After about a week of work, my labor of Sublime Stitching love is complete! After seeing one of my pillowcases on Jenny Hart's blog, I was so moved I set immediately to work on this squeaky clean shower-vixen... :)

pink star

Now, she may be nude, but that's no reason to

my favorite part... dirty!

Tee hee. Yes I know I'm a big cheeseball. :) I only wish she were easier to photograph... I stitched her on a thin, shiny polyester shower liner. I added some bright orange towel strips from an old towel we were throwing out, as a frame. Here she is, presiding over her new home:

keeping things clean...

7 comments:

vera said...

oh that is so cool! and very witty! i love it.

Amy said...

This came out really good. I never would have thought to sew an embroidery panel right to my shower curtain. You did it an pulled it off with flair!

Olga said...

That is fabulous! I can't believe you got it to look that good on slippery shower curtain fabric. So ingenious.

Scribbles & Bits said...

That is so awesome! A really perfect touch!

helle said...

What a great idea. Love it.

Gina E. said...

We don't have a shower curtain (glass sliding doors instead), so I couldn't do this, but the design would still look good stitched up and made into a picture hung on the wall! Very cute and original!!

Dee Light said...

Too Funny!!! Very creative, great work!!!