Thursday, March 8, 2007

embroidered underpants

what happens when I'm bored...

Ever wanted to embroider your underwear? Ok, I realize this qualifies me as a world-class goofball, but there you go - I did it. Um, more than once. However this last time was the cutest, so I thought it warranted a photograph. :)

a little French

Oh this is so strange - I'll probably take this down soon! :) Okay, I'll also confess I've had a secret urge to embroider some days of the week undies... but I really hate how movies interpret those days of the week so literally! Will I really look disgustingly unclean if I'm sporting "Monday" on a "Thursday"? And I'm so disorganized, I know I'll get them hopelessly out of order! Perhaps the best alternative is to resort to a foreign language? Hmmm...

11 comments:

Olga said...

So cute! Ah, I wish I were enough of an optimist to embroider that on my panties. I'm glad I got to see them before you took it down! :-)

IamSusie said...

That is so cute! When I was a teenager, we visited Grandma and she taught me how to stencil on fabric. We ran out of dishcloths to do, so I went into our suitcases and did a moon on my dad's boxer shorts. My brother wore his Christmas Goose Briefs every Christmas for several years.

floresita said...

Ha ha Olga, we can always dream, you know? Actually my dreams always involve love, so it's not a lie! ;)

Okay, Susie, now I don't feel so weird! :) I'm happy to know I'm not the only one embroidering underpants - ha the idea of the moon is too funny! :D

Scribbles & Bits said...

Embroidering underpants is the very reason I want some of that stabilizer (since they're all stretchy and stuff). I have to say, though, I would be tempted to embroider tacky phrases and innuendos and pictures of things. Sort of a naughty rebus puzzle, I guess. I mean, they wouldn't be THAT bad, but, you know.... Guess my gutter is showing!

floresita said...

Oh - tacky phrases would be the best! There are so many possibilities! :D

Gina E. said...

LOL Floresita, you are such a card! What a cute idea, stitching the day on your knickers!

Melissa said...

I've thought of doing the days of the week undies too! LOL Hey what stabilizer do you use for undies?

floresita said...

Yay! Yet again I feel less weird! ;) I didn't use stabilizer... I didn't want any, um... scratchiness! ;) Most people swear by tear-away stabilizer, though!

Melissa said...

LOL That's what I was wondering about! LOL Thanks for being brave enough to talk about it...there are probably more women than we know wanting to embroider their undies! LOL

floresita said...

We could start a whole movement! Instead of "Tie One On" we could have a "Stitch Em' Up" logo with a clickable pair of underpants!!

Ah, the ridiculous ideas I have! ;)

Keri said...

I know this is a comment to a pretty old post - but I want to embroider my panties too! And I'm ALL FOR the tacky sayings! I mean, no one's gonna see 'em unless, well, YOU KNOW.....so tacky wouldn't matter! I LOVE IT!!!