Thursday, March 8, 2007

sad girl embroidery



I've had this idea floating around in my head for some time now, so a few days ago I finally drew her on a large scrap of pillowcase with a pencil, and began. I'm thinking of a lot of things as I stitch this - my favorite paintings, emotions, films, and songs, we'll see how this comes along....

like raindrops

The face is very typical of the kind of girls I sketch without thinking about it... It's nice to be incorporating my own drawings after using patterns and transfers.

5 comments:

Olga said...

This reminds me of a Pedro Almodovar movie, for some reason. Maybe it's reminiscent of the art for All About My Mother.

floresita said...

Really Olga? I LOVE Pedro Almodovar - although I still haven't seen "Volver". I love his movies because they're so full of life, emotion, and all the weirdness of being human... :)

Dee Light said...

Such creative ideas. I love the emotion. And no, sadness does not always equal depression or horrible sadness. It represents a very real part of our humanity. Just wonderful.

brenda said...

Wow your embroidery is beautiful, I love to embroider myself, the girl crying is beautiful.

floresita said...

Thank you! I just read part of your "Woman to Woman" post and it was really moving! I'm really glad you found me, and that I found your wonderful words! :)

Thank you Brenda!