Friday, April 27, 2007

little Spanish girl embroidery

what's cooking

I started on a little embroidery last night for a special someone, and I only hope I can finish in time - like most of my projects I began at the last minute, so finishing may involve some mad scrambling...


Last night's work gave me time to catch up on some ultra-bad episodes of Miami Vice (have you ever noticed how Michael Mann goes way crazy with the music so they always become one long, bad, music video?) :)



It looks like there'll be a lot of spring rain tonight so hopefully I'll get in some good stitching time, but hopefully, with less bad tv.

closeup of what's cooking...

This is from a vintage Vogart transfer I posted over here. Instead of doing a lot of careful consideration on the colors I'm kinda winging it. As for the sad girl portrait, she is almost finished. As soon as I add some finishing strokes you'll see her here...

11 comments:

cinderelly said...

she's so cute! i love those spanish/mexican themed ones too!

Katxena said...

I love this pattern too, I got it from your pattern blog. I'm stitching it up right now. It's beyond cute.

floresita said...

Thanks cinderelly! :)

Oh Katxena, can't wait to see yours, too!!! :)

cristina said...

this is really really beautiful. i love it.

floresita said...

Thanks cristina! I LOVE your little Eskimo - I'm nuts for any and all vintage patterns... :)

Laura said...

Your dancing girl is very cute! And I love love love your sad girl. I can't wait to see her here. One question ... it looks as though there is something written on the ribbon around her neck, but I couldn't make out the writing. What does it say?

Patty said...

Wow! All those French knots! Go, you!

Eren said...

Oh, another one!!!! She is just as beautiful as the other ladies you have done. Saw her on flickr and had to jump right over.

KCQuilter said...

I just discovered your blog and it is PERFECT! I have recently fallen in love all over again with stitchery/embroidery and your blog is just so-o-o inspirational! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

floresita said...

Hey Laura - sorry for the late response - sad girl wears a ribbon that says Eternamente en mi corazon... "eternally in my heart" is, I think, the translation. :)

Thanks Patty and Eren and nice to meet you, kcquilter! :)

a frog named purl said...

a little late to the party- it's still beautiful : )