Monday, April 2, 2007

sad girl with roses...

so far

So, here she is after yet another weekend of stitching - I added a banner underneath the heart, and four large roses and thorny branches. Do you ever not trust yourself when it comes to drawing, then just try it, and you're surprised at how nice the results are? That's how I feel about these roses:

my rose

I used my favorite shade of red variegated floss for the roses, also using a little bright red on some of the petals. I varied the stitches and strands of floss to give a little texture. I definitely have a favorite angle for this piece:

a bit more...


I feel there is still some more to add, so look for a bit more next weekend.... I mostly want to find a way to pull together the big, kind of overpowering red roses and branches with the rest of the piece. Wish me luck on that! :)



Also, I was delighted to discover my little owl won a Softie Award! I'm beyond flattered - this was definitely a project I enjoyed at every single stage, and I'm so glad it was appreciated!!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Yay Flor!!!!!! I knew you would win, my crafty little friend!
This sad girl is beautifully drawn and stitched, your work is always breathtaking.
Happy Easter.
xo
Carol

Orquidea said...

pHola... sospecho que hablas un poco de español o te gusta por lo menos... preciosos bordados... que lápiz de transferencia usas para plasmar en la tela tus dibujos... es necesario lavarlo luego?...
Orquidea

Sally said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Not all my votes one the awards (what's wrong with people?) I'm so pleased Mr Owl came through with the goods!

takinanap said...

oh, yes, the roses look like real roses. the whole piece is really nice. the sadness comes across. nicely done!r

Megan said...

Those are so nice - I wish I could be that crafty! Keep up the good work!

floresita said...

So many kind comments! :)

Thank you Carol!

Gracias orquidea - I probably will wash the finished piece, but it's not necessary...

Thank you Sally! I'm so proud of Mr. Owl right now! :)

Thanks takinanap - they were very easy to draw, if I had you here I'd show you my very simple technique... :)

Thank you Megan! You can be crafty too! All it takes is the desire to hoard lots and lots of craft supplies and only use 1/10 of them (like, ahem, me!) ;)