Thursday, May 3, 2007

in the works...

taco time

So, here's another little snippet of a gift I'm preparing for someone very special. And if they happen to be reading this (you know who you are) you are so caught! You said you wouldn't peek!!! ;)

colorful things

Here's a new bag I found on Sunday (of course while supposedly shopping for someone's birthday present)... :) It's funny how sometimes I find myself drawn to the oddest colors and don't know why until I see something else I own with the exact same colors.


For example I had no clue why I liked this bag, until I took a good look at another bag I own which has almost exactly the same color scheme. It was also laying next to a lime green jacket of mine. Then I opened up a bag of new embroidery floss and found the same teal, lime green, bright pink, and brown!



In other news, I've been feeling crazy dizzy for the past 3 days. I went to the doctor yesterday because for the second day after eating lunch I felt faint, almost drunk, like I was going to pass out. I hate going to the doctor, and I can count the number of times I've been in my life. After a blood test, he said today that nothing was wrong, and (amusingly) that he doesn't know what's wrong with me. Which really annoyed my boyfriend, who said "incompetent doctor," but I guess I'm okay with it. As long as I don't pass out I'm okay, eh? As long as I don't have to go back to the doctor!!! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

floresita! i love your embroidery it is inspiring :)

i had trouble with dizzieness a while back it was constant and awful and i couldn't figure out what was wrong because i totally checked out at the doctor and then a client of mine mentioned it could be a pinched nerve in my neck or shoulders -as i normally carry a ton of tension in my shoulders i hadn't considered it but after a couple of days of hot baths, water bottles and stretching the dizzieness got better...hope you are feeling better soon.

rectangel

sarah said...

About the dizziness, I get like that when I'm missing something in my diet. I always start with adding a banana a day to my diet. Because for some reason, I must assume that bananas are the answer to everything.

Olga said...

Taco time! I love it!

Laura said...

I love the snippet you shared! So cute!

Also, my mom has had the same experience as rectangel -- dizziness caused by tension in her neck. Regular massages seem to help for her, and are nice anyway! :) Hope you feel better!

beth said...

I love that taco!

Lolita Blahnik said...

Lovely work!
I like your pillow cases!!

pdbv said...

Hello!
I really love your blog design. Can you teach me how to make a nice design of blog like yours? Thank you very much.

Carol said...

Maybe it's migraines. Your sister has them too, right? Take care of the dizziness Flor, it's scary stuff, I know.
Taco is cute as heck!

Taryn said...

I get dizzy alot too. How much water do you drink on a daily basis? One time I got so dizzy that I passed out (at a concert, where if anything happens healthwise to a person, drugs are automatically suspect...I had a terrible time convincing them I was drug free) and had to be taken to the emergency room. It turns out I was severly dehydrated.

It can be a multitude of problems that cause dizziness (all of which I have): low blood pressure, dehydration, low iron, etc. I tend to get dizzy after standing for a long period of time or if I'm in a hot shower with little ventilation.

Any of these sound like you?

Oh and if you start getting really dizzy followed by shortness of breath and really hot (or cold) sensation in your face and limbs...sit down! That's exactly how I felt right before I passed out. It means that enough blood is not getting to your head and passing out fixes that problem by getting your body to lay down making it easier for blood to make its way to your head. So help it out by sitting or laying down so your body won't have to make you do it!