Monday, May 14, 2007

synchronicity in colors

spring colors

I began stitching this pillowcase for a very special lady a few days ago. It wasn't ready in time for Mother's Day, but I hope she'll enjoy it anyway... when it's done. :) I used some of the same colors I used for the boy and girl placemats, throwing in a few new colors for good measure. The pattern is yet another vintage Vogart design - #243.

for my mom

It's funny that I started these days ago, then uploaded my pics from Central Park to see such similar pink flowers:



My life has actually always been like this - finding odd little connections in disparate things - reading a book only to hear it quoted to me a few minutes later, watching a movie with an obscure actress then stumbling on her biography, learning a new word then hearing it on the radio... I love how life, colors, people, everything is so intricate, so detailed, so connected.

6 comments:

vera said...

i love it too when things seem to connect. it makes everything seem like it has purpose, that everything is right.
your pillowcase is looking beautiful. i can't wait to see it finished.

Mamameo said...

Beautiful work. And I too agree on synchronicity...it happens to me too during so many moments of my life.

IamSusie said...

You used a perfect mix of pinks and greens for that lovely flower. I like your closeup pics too.

Scribbles & Bits said...

I love that, too! It's almost creepy sometimes, but it's still cool to feel tapped into some sort of bigger awareness. That probably sounds weird, but I hope you understand what I mean.

floresita said...

Thanks Vera - I think everything does have a purpose - I just think I'm too lazy to find it sometimes! ;)

Thanks mamameo - I love how people share so many experiences like that in common... :)

Thanks Susie!

Hi Scribbles & Bits! Ha ha, no that doesn't creep me out at all - I believe in God, so I'm ok with the "bigger awareness", but I totally understand when people are creeped out by the idea. It's just one of those things that's so difficult to explain, you know? :)

Billie said...

Wow, another great piece of stitching! I love the closeups. I wish I would pay more attention to detail and see the connection like you did, because I know it's there for me, but sometimes I miss it.