Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On the topic of Rockin'


Thank you to dear Ellia for nominating me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger - sheesh am I surprised! I've been nerdy pretty much since birth, so calling me "Rockin'" is quite a stretch and a very special compliment indeed... Well, you all know the way these things go, next I need to nominate 5 more Rockin' Girl Bloggers. First of all, I want to say that if your name is not on this list, and you are one of the many sweet, kind, generous, wonderful people I've met in my brief blogging time, don't hate me! I love each and every one of you - unbeknownst to you, I peek through everyone's blog who comments on my posts, and every one who is kind enough to link here. You all inspire me, and I can't list you all, only because there's not enough space!!!


So, here are 5 Rockin' Chicas for your perusal:
  • wip - Carol was one of the first crafty people I met through Flickr - we have a similar obsession for vintage embroidery and multi-tasking - but this lady truly takes the cake - she cares for her kiddos, works, and quilts and embroiders up a storm...


  • Buttons Magee - Rachel's pics first caught my eye on Flickr and I found my way to her inspiring, beautifully designed blog. She is also a crafty mama who sure knows her way around a camera.


  • Susie Can Stich - I also found Susie through Flickr - her wonderful pics always inspire me- be sure to visit her colorful blog if you need a crafty fix.


  • Stitchado - Claudia was also a Flickr find - her knack for gorgeous embroidery and her love of Mexican themes brought us together. I always find something inspiring in her posts.


  • Petunia - Veronica is a wonderful artist and you can see the creativity brimming out of her journals, mood boards, and embroidery projects. Also I love the sweetness with which she writes of her family - a visit to her blog always leaves me feeling warm and content.

Here's how this game goes:
-place the badge on your blog
-give credit to Roberta (She started the rockin' blogger awards)
-check out the latest list she has on her site
-pick 5 rockin' girls of your choice and tag em'


And to show you just how nerdy I am - here's how I really rock out:

(Thanks to my best friend in the world, for sending me this video!) :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for nominating me Flor! What a lovely compliment. I always go over to see what coolness you are stitching up over on flickr. By the way, your woman embroidery is amazing!!!

Veronica TM said...

gracias, flor!!! your beautiful words about my blog are really appreciated.
to me you really rock!

tara said...

Oh, this has been my favorite song all summer!
Thanks for the video!

IamSusie said...

Thanks for the plug, Flor! I love your blog too!

Carol said...

I would like to thank the academy, my mother, the online fabric stores.....
Flor, you are the sweetest! You sure know how to cheer a girl up :)
I'll pick mine tomorrow!

Stitchado said...

thanks flor! i'm so flattered :)
and thanks so much for the video, i hadn't seen it yet, it's one of my favorite songs, every time i hear it it makes me happy. i think i'm going watch it over and over again like a little girl :)

debbie said...

Ijust had to stop by and see your blog after you so generously nominated my sister Carol (WIP), she is a treasure and she deserves it, She Rocks our world