Monday, August 13, 2007

too many wips

monkey faces

Ever like to do 20 things at once? Apparently, I do, a lot! I was feeling overwhelmed by all the ideas I have floating around in my head lately, so I listed them out and came to at least 10 projects. That's not even counting older projects I have in the works!


So, as you see, I began another monkey this weekend, although he had been sitting in a bag, half sewn for over a week. He is almost done now, but his pants and suspenders are still "in progress." It's a bit embarrassing to be sporting butt-less pants, so I didn't show his entire face... :)


in progress

I also thought I'd show you these vintage doll-face buttons I found in Cape May last week.
let me put on my doll face

All week I'd been thinking "I really must snap a picture of those..." so there you go, planning photos to take is yet another work in progress!! :)


And just when I was totally overwhelmed, I found free cross-stitch patterns online:
cross-stitch obsession

Sigh. I love these geometric DMC patterns from the early 1900's, some are so gorgeous and look very Arts and Crafts or Art Nouveau. The blog is in French, but scroll down to see the gorgeous patterns. Sheesh. Wish me luck while I catch up on my 1 billion wips... :)

10 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Lord, that monkey is CUTE! Love his little corduroy pants!

And those buttons are adorable - can't wait to see what you do with them : )

Laura said...

OMG, those cross-stitch patterns. They are GORGEOUS. I am a sucker for the Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau stuff.

Laren said...

Does a pink face mean a girl monkey!

Cheers,
Jane

cata said...

I love your monkeys!
Those buttons are beautifull
Cata.

Sara said...

Oooh, looking forward to the finished products! The monkey looks so cute... and the cross-stitch is gorgeous!

jess said...

Love those buttons, lucky you!

Stitchado said...

i LOVE that monkey! and those button are adorable, can't wait to see what else you're making :)

Kim said...

Love, LOVE the corduroy jumper!

*BB* said...

That monkey is so cute! And those buttons OMG!!

Amy said...

ok, those buttons are some of the cutest buttons I've ever seen! Lucky lady!