Friday, August 10, 2007

little drawings

these days

I recently bought a moleskine sketchbook, and I haven't stopped sketching in it - the quality of the paper is absolutely perfect (and this is from an abject paper snob) it's the perfect in-between texture that's good for pen and pencils. I started off my obsession by pasting little things in that inspired me - like these beautiful outfits...

lonely teardrops

I was listening to songs on the way to Cape May, which is where the lyrics come from. I love the feeling of being totally absorbed in my drawing or doodling, listening to music...

This was the first drawing I put in my moleskine just after I bought it:
dark city

I often think of New York at night. From my boyfriend's apartment, you can see building after building, as far as the eye can see. I like to watch the city from the window after midnight, when it quiets down and all the cabs disappear. Still, I would give anything to see more trees... :)

4 comments:

Rachel H. (burb_mama) said...

These are amazing! I love the way you cut the women out and drew the heads in - it looks so cool! And the NYC drawing - beautiful! :)

Hanane said...

I absolutely love moleskien books. They are fabu. I too like the paper quality and I keep one with me in my bag all the time. To take notes jot down recipes, scetch out ideas on.

Stitchado said...

you're sketches are always so nice, New York city looks so pretty and quiet... i had a squared moleskien in college, i loved it!

Mamameo said...

Love your sketches! And I wish I could send you a tree or two?!