Saturday, September 29, 2007

Virgencita tea towel

virgencita tea towel

It's been awhile since I did embroidery - I've been so busy making monkeys instead. So it was fun and relaxing to pick it up again - Carolina sent me a few sheets of patterns she just started selling on her blog, and I was amazed at the beauty of this virgencita pattern:

close up of the virgencita

I enlarged the pattern about 170% so it would fill more of the middle of the towel. As usual I had some frustrating moments with the colors - overall I chose light shades and dark browns. If you're looking for Halloween patterns pop over to Carolina's blog for a sugar skull freebie, and have a look at her Halloween patterns for sale. As a former tattoo artist, her patterns are amazingly intricate.

By the way, if you stitch any Halloween patterns (of Carolina's or any other Halloween pattern you find) be sure to join the Halloween challenge at Feeling stitchy! :)

5 comments:

Catherine Black said...

This is just beautiful, really delicate and great stitchwork.

Lolita Blahnik said...

GENIAL! que artistaza!!

Bitterbetty said...

That is so amazing and inspiring! thanks!

Olga said...

That is absolutely beautiful.

Zylo said...

Oh, this is beautiful. I love religious symbology.