Friday, October 12, 2007

left-handed sketches and so forth

left-handed sketch

I'm still here! Just trying (very hard) to stay true to my self-imposed 1 hour of internet per day and resist the urge to point and click. :) Ever since I hurt my hand (I got a weird fleshy bump on the back of my hand and it really aches) I've been taking an internet rest. That's not easy since my job involves heavy computer use and coding, but I'm trying. When my hand and arm were really aching last week, I experimented with drawing with my left hand, which you can see above.

Is it just me or is there a different personality in the left-handed faces? I like them more. :) The blue marker soaked through to the second page, so I did another left-handed sketch:

drawing with my left hand

Her face is my favorite. Mostly, I've been drawing, reading, and trying to just relax (hard for me to do). I have so many ideas I want to make or embroider:

ideas

The bad news is sewing and embroidery make my arm hurt too. I'll do a bit more self-imposed rest and if that doesn't help I'll see a doctor, but they give me the willies. :)

Nevertheless I'm enjoying the new fall weather, the leaves trailing down from the trees, new pairs of shoes and wearing tights and jackets again... A few days ago I bought some gray shoes and a black shirt from H & M that I'm in love with:

gray favorites

Ever want to wear the same shirt over and over and over again? That's how I feel about this shirt. :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful return to fall. Again, please bear with a little slowness to respond, but I appreciate every comment and email you leave.... Happy Fall!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Happy fall Flor!

Tara said...

Hi - I just wanted to tell you I've also had problems with my hand/arm. My work also involves typing and mouse-ing - pretty exclusively. I did go to hand therapy, but the main thing that's helped is learning to mouse with my left hand. Just a thought!

Jenny Hart / Sublime Stitching said...

hey floresita, I'm so sorry to read that you're having pains in your hands/arms! please take care of yourself and don't feel bad about needing rest. We all need it!

Olga said...

Oh, I so miss the fall weather! I'll just live vicariously through you. I'm sorry to hear about your hand troubles, and I hope that you're feeling better! But look at you, becoming ambidextrous! Your left hand sketches look better than my right hand ones anyday.

Estefanita said...

I LOVE these sketches. Love, love, love them. I want them on a shirt. I'm going to steal them and screen them on a shirt.

p.s. when is your birthday, scorpio? soon, yes?

Estefanita said...

BTW, I agree with Olga about the ambidextrous thing!