Tuesday, October 23, 2007

lunchtime painting - woman reading on the train

lunchtime painting - woman on the train

Just finished this one at lunch - I did a quick, rough sketch of a woman reading on the train yesterday morning. By the way, do you like how when you draw in public places people always crane their necks around to "eavesdrop" on what you're doing? I had an eavesdropper yesterday morning for my drawing, which I'm sure did not look very glamorous. :)

I really love the orange I used, which is orange straight from the tube, mixed with a bit of yellow and tea...

8 comments:

Scribbles & Bits said...

Awesome! And yeah, I kind of like the peepers. They used to bother me, but now I've accepted the curiosity and I feel sort of flattered!

Rebekah said...

I am always amazed at what you can accomplish on your lunch break. I am lucky if I get to eat and read a few chapters before it is time to head back.

Kimberly said...

This woman looks a lot like abuelita from your last post. Coincidence or are you still thinking of her?

Amber said...

Ah yes, I have noticed this phenomenon myself---the eavesdropping on artwork. It always seems to make me shy about what I'm doing...

IamSusie said...

Orange and blue is my favorite color combination. Very nice!

floresita said...

Thank you everybody - glad you like this one!

Scribbles & Bits: yes it does flatter me - it makes me feel like this is that one "amazing" thing I do... :)

Rebekah: I dare you to try it - I've been giving myself "deadlines" for years now and I always work better on a tight schedule!

Kimberly: You noticed! Yes I am still thinking about her and revisiting her sketch. I thought of her especially when I painted the hair... :)

Amber: I get shy too but it's also inspiring. I get especially shy when people ask me about what I'm doing, though...

IamSusie: Thanks Susie! I do love the orange and blue, too.

Cupcakes & Yoga said...

I grew up with that orange, D Train baby!!!! This came out lovely.

Marilyn (Pulp Sushi)

Gina E. said...

Whenever I get my stitching out to do when I'm in a hospital or doctor's waiting room, women and children usually sidle over to see what I'm doing. Older ladies usually say "Oh I used to do a lot of fancy work when I was younger" - I love that term 'fancy work'!