Sunday, November 18, 2007

hello to the long nights

lunchtime painting - Happy Holiday

A few days ago the monkeys invaded my moleskine a second time, this time as a lunchtime painting. I've had monkeys on the brain big time... including plans to make a few Holiday monkeys to sell. Would you like to give a good home to a monkey? Stay tuned, and I plan to unveil that in early December!

november nights

Just a couple of weeks ago was the time change (or was it last week?) In any case, the earth tilted and seemingly very quickly, it got dark much sooner than usual. Now it's dark by 5 o'clock, the world plunged in a poetic blueness, getting deeper and darker and colder as the winter goes on...

I like the change and I don't like it - it's just change, just one of those things. The daytime is as dramatic as the evening - the sun seems to shine even more intensely when it is around. I must say November is much more dramatic in New York than it was in Texas...

november mornings

6 comments:

Minmade said...

I like how you can see the moon in the nightime photo you took!

Olga said...

Fall in New York is my absolute favorite time of year. But I have to say, I don't miss the smell of the pretzel carts. The honey-roasted nuts are good, though.

Estefanita said...

My favorite is the picture taken at sunset (was it sunset). How is it I've blocked out how beautiful NY was in the fall? Strangely, my favorite memories are of walking home in the snow!

Frizz said...

Love your monkey!

Tera said...

UGH! This year Fall didn't arrive in Austin until the 22nd. Now that it is hear I hope it doesn't wander off!

Tera said...

EEK! spiked eggnog, I blame my spiked eggnog for that "hear" instead of "here".