Saturday, November 10, 2007

I've been busy...

El cielo esta llorando

Well, I've been busy, even taking into account the slowdown due to my hand issues. Overall, I've been very good, have switched all my mouse use to my left hand, and have spent a lot less time online, and stitching. I focus more on sketching and planning projects and hold myself to time limits for working, which actually helps me get less frustrated and burnt out.

Above is a small embroidered artwork that took me a month to finish very slowly, an hour here, an hour there. I used a light blue shirt as the fabric, stretched it over wooden bars, and used felt to add colors and textures. It's much smaller than the Sad girl, but I like how the extra color makes it very expressive. The words in Spanish read "El cielo esta llorando", or "the sky is crying", which happens to be one of my favorite Stevie Ray Vaughan songs. It also reminds me of the odd way, when you are going through an extra tough time, it is usually raining. Has that ever happened to you?

However, the slowdown has made things a bit tense around here. le Carotte is pretty impatient nowadays:
le Carotte is sulking

He seems to remember I was planning to make a few monkeys to sell, and wants to know what the holdup is! In particular, he requested a monkey that looked cuter (ie, looked more like him).

I was all tapped out for ideas, but he seemed to have one....
le Carotte has an idea

Which led me to some experiments I'll be showing you very soon....

No comments: