Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thank you

piensa en mi

First of all, I want to say "thank you" to everyone who commented on my last post on the Sad girl and the murdered women of Juarez. I'm not often moved enough to speak like that, but it is a situation that affects me very deeply... A special thank you to Kate, who stitched a beautiful tribute to the women of Juarez on her blog.

To find more background on the situation in Juarez (and the increasing violence towards women in many Latin American countries), visit:
Amnesty International: Justice for the Women of Juarez
WOLA (Washington Office on Latin America)

Also, I'm really interested in an embroidered art project being done by Lise Bjorne called "Desconocida" in which she assembles labels embroidered with the names of Juarez women. She is currently working on a project in Juarez, you can find out more on her blog.

Again, thank you for your kind words and for the moments you took to remember the women of Juarez!

No comments: