Sunday, December 16, 2007

current happiness

Christmas pudding!

So, just as my flu was wearing off late this week, I came home from work to find 2 lovely packages awaiting me in my mailbox - both were complete surprises from sneaky sweetheart crafters... First, was a cute little Panda note from Sally, who sent along chocolate Santas and even the Christmas pudding you see above! :) I had to back out of an ornament swap late last month due to way too many things going on at once - Sally was a sweetheart and sent me this little ornament anyway - thank you so much - it really cheered me up! :)

And from Claudia, look at these beautiful embroidered ornaments:
Claudia's beautiful snowflakes

I oohed and aahed - turning them over and over - her handiwork is amazing. She also sent along crafty supplies which I can't wait to use up:
crafty supplies from Claudia

Floss, felt, buttons, stickers, tiny birds, and a mix CD with familiar tunes. I was beaming - I'm sure it's the reason I got better so quickly - there's something about sharing music with people that has always touched me in a way I can't explain. People who are moved deeply by music, I just feel like we understand each other - or at least we understand that part of each other... I'm strange about gifts - the things that really "do it" for people never really do it for me... diamond rings - meh, expensive clothes, dinners, etc, meh - but floss, felt, buttons and a mix CD? Cloud nine. :)

Also making me happy are a pair of crochet gloves:
gloves make me happy

I've been coveting the crochet gauntlets Kalurah makes for a month now - you know where you stare and stare at a picture and you get this hungry feeling like you're craving a taco? Ok, it's a weird allusion, but I've been wanting these gloves big time - so I finally buckled under the pressure and bought them last week. She is a sweetheart and they're so beautifully made - you must check out her shop and see what's she's up to...

fabric tree

And finally, here's an image of the only craft I made when I had the flu. The bug I had was dreadful - I had no energy, felt so run down and when I wasn't coughing, sneezing, or blowing my nose I had this awful headache and stuffy head. I churned out two of these fabric trees and hung some of my vintage buttons on with straight pins. I hope you're all keeping warm in this icy weather!

6 comments:

kalurah said...

eeeek!
they look so very lovely on you, my dear.
you have the most beautiful hands, you should definitely show them off and those gloves are PERFECT for it!
:)

p.s. come visit my blog soon, I am spreading some AVON love!

Marilyn (Pulp Sushi) said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

I also think the gloves look super cute on you. They just look SO cozy!

Your tree is super cute too. Not bad for a gal with the flu. ;)

floresita said...

Awww... thanks Kalurah, you're so sweet!! :)

Thanks Marilyn! Yes I was proud of my flu-infused tree - the only rule is that visitors are not allowed to touch it! ;)

Stitchado said...

awww!
that's so sweet Flor!
I too love sharing music, specially when when i share the same music with someone or new songs that i end up loving, it always feels good to make a connection with someone through music : )

those gloves are so pretty!
i love the color, and your self-portrait is just beautiful!

Carol said...

Hi Flor, I couldn't let Christmas come without stiopping by to wish you a very merry one!
xo

Lolita Blahnik said...

lovely mittens!!!!