Tuesday, February 20, 2007
My knitting friend and I celebrated a day off by finishing this tiny sweater. About a week later I recovered from an attack of laziness and sewed the little pink buttons on... so, it's done now! Her little sweater is adorable:
I like how hers was boxier than mine... she surprised me with her hidden ribbon embroidery skills, too! :) Now we need to plan our next knitting adventure...
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Here's a cute little Wee Wonderfuls sweater my friend and I are knitting during our lunch breaks - it's almost finished! It's just waiting for sleeves...
In other news, I loved Carol's post about her "weird" quirks, so I was inspired to um, let you know how weird I am. Actually, this post is hard for me, because I honestly have to think to myself and wonder, what about me isn't weird? Nevertheless, here goes:
- As a child I obsessively typed the state bird and state flower of every single state on my parent's typewriter. If I messed up, I would rip out the sheet of paper and start all over again...
- Also as a child, I arranged "parades" of my mom's porcelain figurines around the living room. They always paraded in a straight line, and I never broke any of them.
- Whenever I interact with strangers (get coffee, buy clothes, etc) I always do it with as few words as possible, often pointing and smiling instead. (So much that people sometimes think I'm from another country).
- I hate buying shoes at stores where a salesperson brings the box to you. I absolutely never do it!
- Somehow, after a meal, my napkin is hardly ever dirty (I swear I use it). And I always unconsciously fold it neatly in half when I'm finished.
- I love knowing the exact names of things: trees, cat or dog breeds, birds, countries.
- I immediately forget the names of everyone I meet. I always remember the first and last names of movie stars (even the minor ones).
- I think in 3 languages: English, Spanish and French. Sometimes I'm confused which language to answer in, and wish I could use all 3! :)
Okay, anyone reading this - I challenge you to rival my weirdness, or eh, be weird in a more interesting way! You're tagged! :)
Monday, February 5, 2007
So, it's almost been a year since I stitched this señorita last - she was one of my first projects ever - stitched on a light blue t-shirt. My skills have progressed a little since then - for one thing I finally learned how to do the french knots that eluded me the first time around. Also, I decided to take on the whole design - the first time I left out the large flower border:
It kind of amazes me how different she looks from the version I stitched on my t-shirt... I guess that's the difference non-stretchy fabric makes! I'm using the same colors I used on the bird pillowcase for Isa. I'm still not sure what I'll make with this... a pillow? I've been so busy with other things that my progress will probably go a bit slowly on this one...