Thursday, January 24, 2008

Filbert thinks pink

So as you know, I wasn't happy with Filbert the last time I showed him to you, in his red phase:
monkey progress

I found the red so boring, flat, and too much like the painting of Siegfried... So I whipped out my heavy viscosity Portrait Pink (which I love, by the way) and pinkified him:

painting the pink background

I really liked that nice salmon tone created by the Portrait Pink interacting with the red, and next I added a bit of yellow and orange to create some different tones. I also decided to abandon use of black, and instead created a gray from mixing blue and orange:
after the green scarf, pink cheeks, face, and heart painting

So here he is, with a cute green scarf and nice valentine tucked under his arm:
Filbert thinks pink is nice

I'm in love with the pink - the only thing next is a cute message above... any suggestions for something sweet and cheeky to say? :)

6 comments:

Average Jane Crafter said...

I can't think of anything cute for him to say, but I just have to chime in and say: he's adorable!

The green scarf is my favorite part. :)

Catherine Black said...

Aw he is cute. I love his cheeks! How about - 'Will you wear my heart on your sleeve? For I love you so...'

KristenMary said...

He is wonderful. I love that the background has a bluish tint to it, very nice!

Raesha D said...

OH my gosh!! He is so darling.

*BB* said...

He is perfect in pink! I love that green scark too :-) Oh I want to put him on my wall to hear everyone ohhh over him!!

floresita said...

You are all sweethearts! Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions! :)