As you can see, I'm still painting almost every day. Do any of you painters out there feel like painting exhausts you? I'm not sure what it is, but after I paint all night at home, I feel almost like I've run a marathon (which by the way, I've never really done, so clearly I am exaggerating). :) Like my monkey with a kite? It's another one of my Valentine's Day-induced daydreams... :)
I put this sketch together while listening to the Sundays "When I'm Thinking About You". The words they're speaking are: "I hope I'll never wake when I'm thinking about you," and "When you're searching your soul, when you're searching for pleasure, how often, pain is all you find."
It's a gorgeous little song I remember listening to, on a loop, for days one lonely winter when I had a unrequited crush. I'd listen to it while I painted my apartment, or laying in bed, and smile. Here's a version of it for you:
I've been tagged again by Bella of Bella Modiste for the "7 weird things about you" post and I hesitate to write it because... all you know about me are weird things! :) So instead I thought I'd post 7 songs that really move me, and what I'm thinking of when I hear them...
- The Sundays "When I'm Thinking About You" - having a crush on someone one lonely winter
- U2 - "With or Without You" - being 11 and watching this video for the first time, late at night after my parents fell asleep, with headphones plugged in to the TV and feeling like this was the most beautiful song on earth.
- Cesaria Evora - "Linda Mimosa" - my mom
- Elton John - "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - watching "Breaking the Waves" and being totally destroyed by its beauty
- Erik Satie - "Gymnopedie" - being 16 and feeling very young, and very old, all at the same time
- Jimi Hendrix - "Little Wing" - laying under a tree in the hot Texas sun
- Tori Amos - "Hey Jupiter" - being near a person I love with my whole heart
What songs move you, and why? Leave me a comment or put it your blog for me to find... :)