Sunday, April 20, 2008

a visit to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden

the blossoms

I love being outside in the Spring. But I'm picky. I don't count "being outside" as skulking around the dank New York streets, smelling the rank smells, running into cranky, stylish folks and double-wide strollers at high speed. I gotta have some green. Some flowers, too. Space to walk, fresh air to breathe. In short, I need a park. Enter our beautiful day at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden...



Each Spring, my favorite part of living in New York has been seeing the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden:
bright white blossoms


I love this brief time each year in which everything is blooming and fresh and the light changes. It's an incredible transformation. The weather was perfect for our visit, very warm and sunny and a tiny bit cool, just enough to raise a goosebump or two on your forearm...


Le Carotte also seemed to enjoy the cherry blossoms...
le Carotte enjoys the cherry blossoms


Everything makes me feel wonder at this time - I love to touch, see, and smell everything...
tiny


And then, of course, there's the tulips:
tulips


I'd never seen tulips until I moved to New York, and they still inspire me with wonder. They're so bright and incredible, and such a rage of amazing colors...
purplish


That's about all for now, just enjoying the Spring. Also, I think I've gotten addicted to cross-processing using Curves in Photoshop, but that calls for a separate post. I'll show you some "before" and "after" shots and see what you think... Hope the Spring is treating you kindly... :)

5 comments:

Kat said...

These are beautiful photos. Any chance you are thinking of painting any of them?

Celia said...

God, what a beautiful Botanic Garden and what a great photographer you are!
Thanks so much for sharing all this beauty!

craft-o-matic said...

Oh, spring must be my favorite as I get all gooey over those great shots. So glad you had a monkey pal to accompany you ;) I just found out about the softie swap the day the contest ended!! :( boo. Still want to see my little guys? Take care,

MikeInk.com said...

Wow...I just LOVE your page. Wonderful style.

Sylvie said...

Excellent photos! Spellbinding.