Monday, June 23, 2008

the color red

shirt

I love red. From time to time I look around and see that I've surrounded myself with certain colors - and red is always a prominent color in my life. I love to wear red, but am very picky about my favorite shade, so I actually have very few red items, because they have to be that perfect shade... like the one above...


Rummaging through old pics tonight the color red jumped out at me... and by the way, "With or Without You" is just as amazing on the small screen... :)


ipod

I even found a tiny red scarf I knit for le Carotte last winter:
scarf

And finally, the embroidery I started on Saturday:


I've been dying to start using my Sublime Stitching Craft Pad patterns, and I finally brought them out... I have an idea that revolves around the Luz Casal song I showed you recently...


Hope this finds you all well! :)

11 comments:

Chris Salley said...

red is my favorite too! I can't help myself when it comes to that color!

Kristi said...

I know what you mean about things needing to be that perfect shade of red...I need my reds to have a blue/cool base; it's more flattering on my skintone.

Love the new stitchy piece you're working on. :) I've yet to stitch anything from the Craft Pad, but I'm super anxious to! Can't wait to see how your new project turns out.

Kat said...

The blouse was beautiful. Just perfect.

rectangel said...

floresita - it looks like your red has a warm base?

red is my signature color -I wear it more than I should and am unconsciously attracted to it but mine leans to the cool side.

a painter friend of mine once told me it was the secret to selling a painting you weren't totally happy with was to paint the background red ;)

Elizabeth said...

With or with out you is good on any screen ;) Nice new embroidery piece you are working on.

floresita said...

Thanks for the red love, everybody! ;)

I'm with you kristi - I like cool-toned reds better than orangey ones.


And ha ha, Erin, I need to explain myself because the red I like on the computer screen does have an orangey tone, but in real life it's cooler and bluer. Makes no sense, eh? As a kid my mom was always getting after me for adjusting the colors on the TV set to my liking: I liked them warm and a bit orangey, she liked them pink and violety. It was a constant battle! ;) But yes, when it comes to what I wear, it's no orangey reds for me.

susanc said...

Love the embroidery piece you're working on - what fabric are you working on?

I'm very particular about the shade of red I wear too; it definitely has to be cool-based.

muralimanohar said...

I adore red, too...it's a very, very close second to green for me. And I guess I'm the odd one out, but it's warm tones for me. :p

itsnice said...

es precioso! el gatito y el bordado!

itsnice said...

es precioso el monito y el bordado!

MikeInk.com said...

I love your style and creative eye.