Monday, June 9, 2008

Mixtape Monday



If I had to describe this mix I would say it was layers of gushy electro-synth pop with an increasingly moody, maudlin crust. And that it corresponds perfectly (and slightly disturbingly) with all the songs floating in my head at the turn of this century, circa 2000-2002... :)


By the way, if you've never heard the Cocteau Twins before, don't ever give up until 1:40 seconds into any of their songs. They have a way of subtly building and building until they're incandescent. And they can really name a song (Frou Frou Foxes in Midsummer Fires, etc.) :)

5 comments:

Chris Salley said...

i love your mixed tape! Great picks! That little gadget is pretty cool.

floresita said...

Thank you! I love these songs (though some are a guilty pleasure like the *cough, Erasure.) :) I'd love to see your mixtape!

kalurah said...

Oooh! I LOVE Cocteua Twins! My sis and I grew up on it! :)

Drewzel said...

"I know it's over" is one of my favourite songs EVER.

floresita said...

Yay! Cocteau Twins - I'm forever indebted to the person who shared them with me! :)

Yep, Steph, I think I might have seen this on one of YOUR mixtapes? :) There's a sad, embittered old man in me and he loves Radiohead and Morrissey... ;)