Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thank you... about my dad

I want to say thank you to everyone who who left so many kind comments yesterday... I would normally think this post teeters on the edge of T.M.I., but I only do it so you know the state of mind I'm in... and can bear with me if I miss a few emails, etc. Everything you said means so much to me...


13

My dad had a rare stroke yesterday that caused lots of bleeding in his brain. He'll be in ICU at least a week while they observe him and make sure things don't worsen. The blessing is that physically he's fine - talking, laughing, moving without any problems, just some problems with his vision, if I understand correctly. It's more serious than the doctors initially thought, but I'm confident that everything is in God's hands now.


my father at his desk

My dad is used to being strong and a fighter - he's also a cancer survivor. After dealing with the awful-ness that is chemo and radiation therapy more than 10 years ago, he decided not to go back to the hospital and his cancer went into remission on its own. He's a bit of an adventurer, strong and proud, and often speaks his mind no matter what the consequences. He's had a lot of trials in life but has tremendous faith in God. I do think his faith inspired us all to have faith, and I'm proud to call him my dad.


Again, thank you for your kindness and for keeping us in your thoughts. I'll be out of town for a week starting this Friday and I hope to return with good news.

10 comments:

KristenMary said...

Safe Travels, and good luck!

Jodi said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing better. I'm sending him my blessings.

Shebrews said...

glad to hear your dad is doing better. Take care and get back soon!

Claudia said...

flor,
me da gusto saber que tu papá se encuentra bien dentro de lo que cabe. la fé mueve montañas y si tu papá superó el cáncer que es un veneno tan ponsoñoso, estoy segura que superara este estrago. te mando un abrazo muy fuerte a ti y a tu familia, estaré pensando y rezando por ustedes.

con todo mi corazon,
claudia

Maggie said...

I'm sorry that you dad is going through this right now. I will keep him and all your family in my prayers. God bless.

susanc said...

Safe traveling Floresita. I'm glad that your dad is doing well. I hope he continues to do well and get out of the hospital soon.

I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way.

sewitsforyou said...

Travel safely and know there are many people here looking out for you..

smartypants said...

Good luck Flor. Travel safe. Love your family. :)

Kristi said...

I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Big, BIG hugs,
Kristi

fillyjonk said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better, and may he continue to have improvement and better health.

I love that picture of him at his desk; it reminds me of my dad at his desk (even though my dad looks very different from your dad). Is he a professor or engineer? All of those books make me think he is...