Monday, August 25, 2008

things I liked that day

things I liked that day

I'm almost finished with this little journal and its lightly manila-toned pages - here are a few doodles from weeks ago, just after I saw Hellboy 2. The movie, although it had its minor faults, I enjoyed, and I was floored by the incredible makeup and costumes, especially (as you see above), Princess Nuala. I love how her very makeup created an otherworldly sense of tension that added to the plot. Also, there are my green shoes which I love very much. :)


corn

I know I'm a goofball, but lately I find it hard to eat a meal without thinking if le Carotte might like it. I decided he would certainly enjoy corn.


And to all the peeps who commented on my last posts, thank you so much. Your words inspire me and comfort me and I find you putting into words the very things that I feel about home... thank you! It sounds corny, but it means so much to me to have you as friends, and even when I'm quiet, I do keep up with all of you who comment!


Here's a little last-of-the-summer sweetness found on a walk through the West Village last weekend:


I hope you're relishing the last of the summer as much as I am... :)

1 comment:

muralimanohar said...

Now I am doubly anxious to see Hellboy 2. I wanted to see it before, just because I am a nerd, but the promise of fantastic costumes overrules everything. Yay! lol