Saturday, September 27, 2008

oh, boo

boo

I knew when I saw free Halloween patterns from Annie Oakleaves, I had to stitch them:
 free ghosties


I stitched them on a tea towel that Amy sent me - she was selling them in her shop and was sweet enough to ask my opinion on them. If she ever re-stocks them, I highly recommend them, by the way! They have a nice, open weave and are a cinch to stitch on. Are any of you doing any Halloween stitching?




Lastly, I can't believe Paul Newman is dead. He's always been one of my favorite actors - intense on film, and such a beautiful man in that rare way - both inside and out. I could watch Hud and Cool Hand Luke a million times and never tire of them. Just yesterday I was watching a film with him in it and thinking how fortunate we were that he was still alive and still so active in film and theatre. No longer.



More than that, I was inspired by the relationship he had with his wife, his generosity, and a sense of kindness and groundedness he had in all his roles. Goodbye, Paul.


3 comments:

Early Bird Special said...

The ghosts are just so cute, Flor! Thank you for pimping out my towels.

That's so sad about Paul Newman! I just found out via your blog. He was a lovely man, indeed.

Shebrews said...

I love the little fangs on the dracula ghost!!! So cute!
Paul Neuman......*sigh*

Claudia said...

i love these ghostly creatures :)

it's so sad to see paul newman go, i read the story yesterday and still can't believe it :(