Monday, October 27, 2008

Mosaic Monday: Ghosts

ghosts
1. Ghost*World, 2. Jenny S, 3. Halloween embroidery

Thank you so much for your movie suggestions! I love The Orphanage (so creepy!), The Devil's Backbone, Asian horror, and all Hitchcock. I haven't seen the Charlie Brown special in a long time... I'll have to look for that this week on TV. :) I love hearing about your Halloween traditions - keep them coming! I hope to watch the village Halloween parade (preferably on TV), a few scary films, and stay inside with some sweet treats and Mexican hot chocolate...


One of my favorite things to do as a child was listen to scary stories. I'm not sure if Hispanic culture was bigger on ghost stories than others, but we had TONS of stories / urban legends we'd whisper to each other at sleep overs. There was la Llorona, el Cucui, the goat man that haunted the bridge, the haunted train tracks, and midget mansion. What about you? Do all of you love ghost stories too? And, just because I'm curious, do any of you believe in ghosts? :)

1 comment:

Estefanita said...

Ah, the haunted tracks. I remember that one best; I only went out there once and nothing happened - those useless, ghost-children!! My favorite ghost story was the one about the girl with the ribbon around her neck - did you ever hear that one?

BTW, I have The Orphanage in cue. I'm 'dying' to see it :)

Oh, by the way, I'm blogging again. Just book/movie/random stuff. Nothing near as cool as your blog! You need to give me some pointers :)