Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tips and Tutorials Tuesday: Lenses & Cameras

This great tutorial on Photojojo shows you how to fit manual lenses on digital SLR cameras.


I'm a total photography novice, but spending time on Flickr and playing with my point and shoot camera have really helped me improve. I've had 3 small point and shoots over the past 4 years, and have loved them all:


1. my first camera, 2. my boyfriend's camera (borrowed when I broke mine :), 3. my current camera


I've been thinking it might be time to finally upgrade to a DSLR, but I'm too cheap to shell out the big money for fancy lenses. Maybe that Photojojo tutorial will be just the push I need to get me going... :)


If you're on the hunt for a new digital camera, I recommend checking:

  • Steve's Digicams: They do really thorough reviews of digital cameras, with side-by-side comparisons of actual photos, and a detailed walkthrough of all the camera features.

  • CNET: I find their reviews to be a little less thorough, but still good, and sometimes they have a video overview of all the camera's features.

No comments: