Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wardrobe Wednesday: Coats

me

I was trying to take a good photo of my new favorite coat and this happened instead. I believe in happy accidents. :)



Speaking of coats, I saw Penelope yesterday and thought it was so charming - but especially the set design and her wardrobe. At one point, she was wearing a purple coat with buttons of different sizes and colors all the way down, and I absolutely loved it. And I coveted her mary jane heels and tights. I also loved the beautiful interiors of her room, filled with old books, bugs, plants, and thread bobbins. I love films like this that create a fanciful, colorful, mysterious world my brain can live in for an hour.

6 comments:

muralimanohar said...

I just watched Penelope for the first time last night, and spent the whole time drooling over her amazing clothes and room..SO pretty. :D

Brook said...

I 100% agree with you... her clothes and room rocked!

floresita said...

Yay! Penelope fans! :) I haven't been so excited about movie wardrobe since Amelie. :)

g said...

I love the photo you took - its so beautiful!

{in the mask & cape, Carotte reminds me of amelie...& zoro!}

Delicate Creature said...

i heart penelope, too!

Estefanita said...

I love the colors in that film as well, and her clothes were just beautiful. I also loved her tights and coat. I own a pair of Penelope-esque green maryjanes :)