Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wardrobe Wednesday: Favorite Black Dress

pockets

One of the sad things about summer ending is having to put away my favorite black dress. There's something about the length and the shape which feels very doll-like, and I am absolutely in love with the pockets.


My favorite shoes to wear with this dress are white mary jane heels:
heels


And my tweed flats:
flats


What about you? What are you going to miss wearing most as the seasons change?


Since we're on the topic of wardrobe, check out this amazing set of photos: Thirteen Eighty-Five. She has a blog I've been following religiously, called The Snail and the Cyclops. All those amazing dresses will be in her Ebay or Etsy store (which I am absolutely not allowed to go near). But if you have self-control around vintage clothes, you should pay her a visit. :)

4 comments:

Alli said...

I honestly don't put away much as the seasons change; I keep most of my dresses out, but pile on warm tights, sweaters, and scarves with them. I think the only things that I really retire with the seasons are shoes and obviously seasonal things such as white eyelet sundresses and chunky sweaters.

I would pair your dress with a cardigan (or maybe a cashmere pullover sweater worn underneath), tights and ankle boots, and keep right on wearing it!

IamSusie said...

Sandals.. alas. I love sandals.

floresita said...

That's an awesome idea, Alli, and I'd do it but the dress is 100% cotton, and cotton + tights = wicked static cling. I can already envision people being treated to an impromptu sighting of my underpants... :)

Sandals are awesome! If I only had fewer hammertoes, I'd wear them year-round. :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Floresita,
YOU look FABULOUS!
Great dress.

Jody