Sunday, November 16, 2008

How I spent my birthday

yellow

An early breakfast of my favorite waffle with raspberry sauce at a diner, and narrowly missing cold and beautiful downpours that left every surface laden with wet, sparkling yellow leaves...


Then, listening to phone messages from loved ones and smiling, opening packages - one from my sister: full of craft supplies. Which led to an hour of delight arranging buttons in size, shape, and color:
button arranging


And, finding unexpected mysteries like a six-holed button:
six


Thanks to everyone who left a comment or linked back to my holiday ideas - wow, I'm still amazed at all your comments! :) Stay tuned for the event I made those for (I'll reveal soon!) :)

8 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy Birthday Flo'!
I don't know if I've ever seen a 6-hole button.

Jody

Muddlepud said...

What a lovely birthday! The leaf photo is gorgeous, and the button arranging looks like an hour well spent. Happy birthday!

Nix Sidhe said...

I know this is probably ridiculous but I covet that six hole button!!!

Hannita said...

Happy Birthday Miss Flor.

Bunny said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. Love the buttons!

planetcoco said...

Happy birthday, lovely Floresita (and hurrah for relatives who know exactly the right thing to buy you)!

sewitsforyou said...

Happy Belated b-day! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Estefanita said...

Your photos are always so beautiful, la flor! What kind of camera do you use? I'm not much of a stitcher, but my Favorite, Favorite part of the construction classes I've taken was sewing buttons. I could sew buttons all day long ... Gimme some of those buttons!!