Thursday, November 6, 2008

sunsets

ny

I love the sunsets in the fall, and the way the evening light creeps in much earlier... I embroidered at another Madewell Denim After Dark event in Soho - so much fun. I'm always a tiny bit nervous being around new people, but it fades quickly when I see how excited and happy people are with their embroidery. There's also something so wonderful about having people be able to touch, comment on, and ask questions about what you're doing. I love the blogging experience, but having someone there in person, interacting with your craft is so exciting.


I also got to meet an amazing quilt artist, Julie Floersch, and buy one of her custom embellished bags:
beautiful bag I got at Madewell for $10

Seeing her work in person is incredible - it's so detailed and perfect. I can't even imagine how much her fingers must kill her after hand-stitching those tiny pieces of denim together. I'm not sure how long her pieces will remain in the store, but if you're near Soho you should definitely check them out.


I'll be embroidering at another event next Wednesday, and getting ready for a special event in early December, which I'll be sure to fill you in on as I know more about it. Things are so exciting now... I've decided I love fall the best in New York - the quiet, the cool, the light rain, the leaves. Hope all is well with you, too!