Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fake Poladroid Polaroids

6-pola heels-pola

I love Polaroids, and some of my favorite Flickr friends have lots of lovely Polaroid pics in their stream. I haven't even seen a Polaroid camera since I was a child, though, and I remember my dad carefully guarding the camera so we wouldn't go nuts with it. Since I'm generally only happy with 1 in 1000 of my photos, I don't think a real Polaroid camera would be good for me (especially since they don't even make the film anymore!)


However, fake Polaroids are really rocking my world right now...


cat2-pola cat-pola

I've been using the freely downloadable Poladroid application to create these fake Polaroids, and once you get used to how it works and find where it saves your pictures, it is completely addictive and fun. It seems like the perfect activity for a rainy afternoon, or oh, say, living in a frigid winter wonderland where it is so cold your hair hurts and you can't feel your upper lip...


I love how the app has a few random treatments it applies to your pics, so it's fun to feed the same photo through more than once:


hi-pola02

I love feeding through old pics and seeing where it decides to crop and how it changes the colors:


ring-pola pockets

And here's what I'll be staring at until it gets a little warmer:


clouds-pola

7 comments:

megan said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, Flor! A couple of weeks ago I was actually making fake polaroids myself in photoshop - how fun that a program exists that will do it for me!

Chris Salley said...

that is so cool. for iphone users out there, there are a few cool fake polaroid apps to apply to pictures.

Claudia said...

i've been seeing this fake polaroid app. a lot lately i'm going to have to give it try. i love how that last image looks so saturated, it makes me feel warm! we currently have a windchill of -30, so i know how you feel.

stay warm :)

sewitsforyou said...

this is so awesome. I saw it on flickr and was like hmm how do you do that. Thanks for sharing. I am still bummed they got rid of mixwit. :o(

tamdoll said...

Isn't this awesome? I love the way it develops on my monitor, too. Your pictures are great.

Jane @ Kidzarama said...

This looks like a great program to play with.

We're having temps of 30-40 celcius at the moment, so I think I'll choose a more icy image to meditate on. :)

Sophie said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely downloading it. Your blog is so fun!