Monday, January 12, 2009

Meow reow mew mew


One thing I have plenty of energy for, even when I'm incredibly lazy, is making mosaics. Here are some adorable cats from Penguin and Fish I've been coveting. I love that they're made of stuffy, tweedy, plaid-ish fabrics. I also love that they're saying "reow", "mew mew", and "marew."



As a sidenote, I have this odd quirk that makes me want to collect and hoard different colored "versions" of things. I've been this way ever since I was a child - I used to look longingly at the Vo5 shampoo bottles in the store, wishing I could literally have them all. I loved that the bottle design was the same, and that the only thing that differed was the name and the shampoo color. I think it's the same reason I love creating oodles of monkeys from different patterned shirts and fabrics. I can't describe it in any other way than an extreme glee at slight color variation on a common theme. Am I the only weirdo? Somebody, tell me I'm not alone! ;)

6 comments:

busy lizzie said...

Its okay your'e not alone. Im a "if I buy one then I need to buy three".

beadgirl said...

I bought every possible flavor/texture/mix of Tropicana orange juice just so I could collect the different-colored caps. I then drilled holes in the edges, and I plan to fill them with some sort of collage and turn them into charms.

So no, you are not alone.

Chris Salley said...

I really like this fact about you!

megan said...

those kitties are great! I love the meow reow's. I find things in repetition really appealing... but they don't have to be variations. I'm afraid I find that variation thing horrifically weird ;)

floresita said...

Yay, I am almost not alone... except for Megan, who thinks I'm weird. Ha ha Megan, you kill me! :)

kimberlymarksberry said...

I'm totally like that. It becomes a problem for my budget when shopping for clothes.