Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things that made me happy


I just want to say thank you for all the words of kindness you've been sharing. Reading through your comments I've seen so many of you say you're going through the same with a loved one, or have lost someone to cancer or illness. It means so much to me to read your words and know my family is not alone.


I always feel guilty sharing something very personal or especially something sad here, because this blog has been my way of focusing on the positive and moving forward. So, I want to share a few things from my trip that made me very, very happy. :)


My nephew putting a trash can on his head and pretending he was a robot:




My niece, practicing her gymnastics moves and bossily telling me when to snap a picture:




My mom and niece smiling, on my mom's birthday:




Little homemade gifts from my niece Natalie:


cat that Natalie made me


And lastly, the 12 dollar dress my best friend bought me for Christmas:


new dress

Special note to Target: please keep making well-crafted knee-length dresses like the one above! I promise I will buy them all! :)

9 comments:

barncat said...

My thoughts are with you and your family as you go through this rough time,so sorry I didn't comment on that yesterday, but it's hard to know the right thing to say to someone you don't really know. On a lighter note, when I saw the little kitty your niece made, it really made me smile, I bet she was so proud!

sewitsforyou said...

I like all your pictures your pics you posted today. When Dan was sick a while back I picked up embroidery for the first time. I told Jenny (Sublime Stitching) and she said that she got through rough times when her dad was sick. After my dad had double bypass I spent A LOT of time making things. Embroidery was one of the few things I could focus on and I used it to make myself and others happy. I am thinking about you.

beadgirl said...

I'm glad there are things that make you happy, that are helping you through all of this.

On a separate note, does your niece (the one sitting with your mom) have Down Syndrome? I ask because my oldest son does, and I see lots of similarities. (And if she does not, I really hope you are not offended by the question.)

floresita said...

Thanks again, you guys - your comments are very sweet! :)

Yes, beadgirl, she does have Down Syndrome - she's a gorgeous little girl. She's very shy, which is why I was so happy to see a big smile from her. :)

beadgirl said...

She's a cutie pie! Luke (who's 5) is rarely shy, in fact he often seems determined to make friends with everyone he meets.

Wendy said...

Nieces and nephews can be so entertaining. The cat is such a special gift from your niece and your dress is very cute.

a cat of impossible colour said...

That little homemade cat your niece made is the cutest thing I have seen, possibly ever (excluding small baby animals).

Hang in there - we're all thinking of you!

Estefanita said...

Hey, that dress was $14 with taxes!!

locuasia said...

Hola Floresita,
I hope your father is doing better, I will keep him in my prayers.
I love your blog, I believe you are very talented and I am wondering if you would be so kind as to share with me how to make the Feliz Cumpleanos felt banner. You see, my sweet daughter is going to turn 4 in March and I would love to make a banner for her party instead of just buying one.
Gracias in advance.
Sarita