Monday, January 12, 2009

Three things: Lovely


I love the colors and textures in these 3 lovely photos by doe-c-doe and dorathy. Just looking at them makes me feel serene:
1. bird-&-flower-cross-stitch, 2. fall-ish felt bag, 3. apple pear apple


I have been soooo lazy lately! I find myself in full hibernation mode - this weekend I cozily watched the snowfall outside, only leaving the apartment once on Sunday morning, to go to church. I mostly sat and worked on a puzzle and checked my friends' updates on Facebook. Sometimes I snacked when I was bored. I even re-played a little Zelda (can you please make another installment, Wii?) All in all, so lazy.


How do you guys handle the cold weather? Do you get craftier and more productive or do some of you hibernate, like me? My boyfriend's brother and girlfriend gave me a new nickname: the panda. Because I loll around lazily in a quiet fashion, snacking often. I'm really hoping the Christmas pounds have nothing to do with the comparison...

3 comments:

Estefanita said...

Cold usually makes me either crochety or snuggly. But this year it's making me active - I'm still exercising like a maniac! The cold is brisk and inspiring - but that's TX cold, not NY cold!!

g said...

thank you for posting my photo flor! I'm so happy you liked it :)

I grew up near Buffalo, NY so I know cold & snow, haha. no matter how cold it was or how much snow was on the ground life went on, you still had to get to work, school, the grocery store, etc....so that helped to toughen me up. This year I've been very focused on staying on track with my workouts & making sure to always have a project on the coffee table in the evenings - that's really helped me fend off the winter blahs.

I think sometimes you need to hibernate a little bit too though, to re-energize...so don't be too tough on yourself flor :)

floresita said...

Steph, we both know how lame the Texas cold is! But you have your new red coat to keep you warm! :)

Thanks Gina, I find myself wanting to create a mosaic every time I see a new pic of yours - you constantly inspire me and bring a smile to my face. Let me know if you ever want me to knock it off. :)

Sounds like you are not a cold sissy, like me. I can handle cold and ice and snow, I just hate dirty snow and gross streets and running into people. Yep, I need to get back into project mode - that really helps! :)