Friday, February 27, 2009

Doing Fine...

20

Just wanted to check in and say sorry for being silent, but as you imagine, it's been really busy around here. Above is the little congregation I grew up with. I'm the only dodo looking down (in that charming striped sweater). My best friend at church was the cute little girl in purple. My dad is at the very back left, and my mom's next to him, resplendent as usual.


I have so many words inside me that it's impossible to choose the exact ones to say. Thank you so much for all your words - if I tried to thank you individually I'd just end up repeating myself and I don't want to do that. Everything you've written is special to me.


I hope to return to some crafty posts soon! For now, check out the following cheery pictures (from other Flickr peeps) that are rocking my world right now:
My creation


1. hankie - snail and bunny close up, 2. Walter with Dinner, 3. Hamster Dance, 4. sad apple

7 comments:

Kristi said...

So glad to hear from you and see you online again.

Hugs & continued prayers,
Kristi

PS Hey, that's my apple! :) :) Thanks for 'featuring' it. :) :) :)

susanc said...

I'm also glad to read that you're doing okay. Take care of yourself.

Apryl said...

*hugs* I'm so sorry I missed the previous post... I have been having trouble with firefox and explorer and lost a bunch of blogs. I'm sorry for your loss, you dad sounds alot like mine, though my dad is greek and italian, he remembers every book he has read, eats moe spicy food that he should, and always watches loud action movies, which I do now too.

I hope you have many many happy memories of him and his love for you. *hugs* and best wishes.

Estefanita said...

What are you wearing under that striped sweater? ... Is that a girl scout uniform??

bookwormbethie said...

whee! thanks for the shout out for my bunny & snail!

Alli said...

It's good to see you "around" again. You and your family are in my thoughts.

greetingarts said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've actually never been to your personal blog, have only visited you through Flickr and your vintage transfers blog, but I'd missed you lately and tracked you down here trying to find an email address for you to ask how you were doing. Now I know. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your previous post was so touching and well written. Take care of yourself, thinking of you.