Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentine Cards

Valentine card

So, after all the bemoaning of crafts I haven't finished, I'm happy to report I planned and finished a craft! I've been wanting to stitch on paper for awhile now, and it was even easier than I thought. I used some heavy card stock, felt, and thread, and aside from poking my fingers a few times, I really enjoyed it...


little Valentine pin

The card is for a little girl, so I knew I wanted there to be a heart, and some judicious use of pink. I love how fuzzy and warm felt feels, and I hope she likes it as much as I do... I decided at the last minute to make the heart a pin she can wear:


back of the Valentine pin

I also embroidered the little "Hola" at the top of the card, and found it easier to poke the little holes through beforehand:


punched holes

I loved how the back of the punched holes looked, almost like braille:


back of the card

This all began because I was thinking of ideas for an embroidered Valentine. I really want to do a tutorial for a card...


ideas

Here's a closeup of the mixtape card, which of course has my favorite lovesong of all time, "Lovesong:"


mixtape card

So, which would you like to see a tutorial for? The monkey card, or the mixtape card? Both?


I hope all is well with everybody, and that you're feeling happy and inspired and that your world is thawing out - it's much warmer today, which always makes me feel more inspired - I even dusted off my paint tray today and washed all my paintbrushes!

11 comments:

Kat said...

Both!

Kristi said...

Yes, both please! They're fabulous. :)

ismoyo said...

Adorable! And how clever of you to punch holes in the cardstock before you started stitching!

Estefanita said...

Oh my goodness - they're so Cute!! I want one - send me one and I'll send you my own hand-made Valentine (though mine will probably look like a 3 year old made it; let's just say there will be glitter involved!)

sewitsforyou said...

I love the cards both of them! Great job flor.

megan said...

The monkey one is so precious and full of love that it makes my chest feel a little tight. I can picture a little girl receiving something like that and completely cherishing it/being in awe of it.

Christy A. said...

So beautiful! Just looking at that made my day. :)

Meninheira said...

Hola floresita :)

Te acabo de encontrar y me encanta lo que haces!! Yo todavĂ­a estoy empezando y aprendiendo.

Un besito

nattybumbum said...

Both, Both I love them both!

Gumbo Lily said...

These are both VERY sweet.

Jody

Ali said...

Your creations are so creative! If you don't mind, I'd like to follow you.